Welcome to the Neighborhood, Kilwins!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

Harper Theater has been a great addition to Hyde Park in the last few weeks. Thought it couldn’t get any better? You thought wrong. To the theater’s immediate right is one of Hyde Park’s newest and sweetest additions: Kilwin’s Chocolates.

Serving delicious treats ranging from chocolates of all types to fudge, salt-water taffy and various caramels, Kilwin’s will surely satisfy any sweet tooth. The store is open seven days a week from 11:00 to 9:00 Sunday through Thursday and 11:00 to 10:00 on Friday and Saturday.

The staff members are beyond helpful and more than willing to let you sample any fudge and ice cream flavor. Hyde Park Mud, a Kilwin’s original, is one of the most popular flavors at the store. Luckily there are tables to sit at within the store because once you walk in and see how many delectable treats there are you will not want to leave.

Hyde Park is moving in the right direction with its latest businesses and the venues and restaurants to come will only make your walk down 53rd Street more enjoyable! For those who are vegan like myself, or even just the dark chocolate lovers out there, Kilwin’s has numerous vegan, dark chocolate treats. Take a break from studying this weekend to go see a $7 movie and indulge in a chocolate truffle or chocolate covered Oreo at Kilwin’s afterwards. 

Annie Pei

U Chicago

Annie is a Political Science major at the University of Chicago who not only writes for Her Campus, but is also one of Her Campus UChicago's Campus Correspondents. She also acts as Editor-In-Chief of Diskord, an online op-ed publication based on campus, and as an Arts and Culture Co-Editor for the university's new Undergraduate Political Review. When she's not busy researching, writing, and editing articles, Annie can be found pounding out jazz choreography in a dance room, furiously cheering on the Vancouver Canucks, or around town on the lookout for new places, people, and things. This year, Annie is back in DC interning with Voice of America once again!