UChicago Dining Staff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

As this school year comes to a close, my days in housing are also ending as my friends and I begin our transition to an off-campus apartment. The end of my housing contract also signifies an end to meal swipes at dining halls.

Even though it’s easy to complain about the quality of meals served at UChicago, I am grateful for the dining staff who ensures that our students are fed everyday. For the past two years, I have been eating the majority of my meals at Bartlett and have come to know the familiar faces behind the various stations. I have relied on the sweet potatoes, quesadillas, and the Kosher station’s chicken and split pea soup. I enjoy munching on the homemade chips and sandwiches offered at Stuart café which, by the way, also has one of the friendliest staffs on campus. Overall, I would like to give thanks to all the people who have calmed my grumbling stomach and prepared meals for me and my peers everyday for the past two years. 

Jessica Ro

U Chicago

Jessica Ro is a third-year Public Policy student originally from Santa Monica, California, a city just west of Los Angeles. Jessica joined Her Campus because she loved the concept of reaching out specifically to college-aged females through writing.