Summer Breeze Lineup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

On Monday, May 4, 2015, tickets for the University’s end of the year concert went on sale and sold out within three hours. With the artist lineup coming to campus later this month, it’s not hard to believe that there is a huge demand for these concert tickets!

Summer Breeze, a concert organized by the UChicago’s Major Activities Board (MAB), will be featuring three distinct artists this year, that together cover a wide range of musical tastes and genres.

1. Madeon

A French music producer whose 39-song mash-up gained immense popularity, Madeon’s music is a dance/electronica genre that will certainly appeal to the masses. With hits like “Pop Culture,” “The City,” and “Finale,” he has already gained a strong following of fans. He garnered million of pages view on songs he has posted to YouTube, and his recent successes allowed him to release his debut studio album, “Adventure” in late March 2015.

2. T-Pain

MAB must have really been hoping to bring back out middle-school selves with this pick in the lineup. With hits from “Buy You a Drink” to his feature in “Low”, T-Pain’s rap and hip-hop genre of music has been garnering him hit songs for many years now. His extensive music career allowed him to release his fifth studio album “Stoicville” late last year.  Also, if you have never heard him sing live (without auto tune) please do yourself a favor and watch his NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert here.

3. Azealia Banks

The final performer headlining Summer Breeze is Azealia Banks, a 23-year-old rapper, singer, and songwriter from Harlem, New York. Her most popular hit, “212” has gained her a large following that has extended with her to her latest studio album “Broke with Expensive Taste”. As the only female performer this year, she’s sure to pack a feminine punch to the music we hear throughout the night. 

Summer Breeze will take place on Saturday, May 16th, beginning at 5 P.M.