Sophie Kennedy ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

A true Southern belle, this week’s Campus Cutie hails from Memphis, TN. After starting in the College this past fall, Sophie Kennedy, 19, rocked the stage last quarter as Julia in Dean’s Men’s ninth week production of Two Gentlemen of Verona. Besides acting, Sophie spends time learning Arabic, hanging out with new friends, and exploring the lovely city she now calls home.

Hometown: 
Memphis, TN

Major: International Studies

Dream job: A ballerina

Where you see yourself in 10 years?: I can’t think that far ahead. I don’t even know where I see myself in the next 10 days.

Favorite Class: Classics in Social and Political Thought

Favorite Book: Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman

Favorite Place to Hang (A.K.A Study) on Campus: Reynold’s Club

Favorite Food: I like Thai food, blueberries, and cupcakes.

Favorite Music: Fleetwood Mac, The Black Keys, Cheap Trick

Ideal Date: One that doesn’t involve a discussion of “What’s your major?”

Hobbies:
 Acting, reading, baking, drinking coffee, giggling

Campus Activities: Dean’s Men, Assistant Teacher at University Theater Teaching Collaborative, Usher for University Theater. I performed last quarter in UT’s ninth week production Two Gentlemen of Verona, directed by Colin Bresnahan. This quarter, I am performing in the sixth week production, Hotel Nepenthe, directed by Scarlett Kim.

Relationship Status: Single

Biggest Turn On: Sense of humor

Biggest Turnoff: Pretentiousness

Celebrity Crush: Eddie Redmayne

Proudest Accomplishment: Coming to UChicago

3 Words to Describe Yourself: Easily amused, spunky, sassy

Little Known Fact about Yourself: I used to be a rodeo cowgirl

An Embarrassing Confession: The attractive hipsters at Harper are sometimes more distracting to me than the Internet

Favorite Quote: From Alice in Wonderland

Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?

Alice: I’m afraid so. You’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

An eternal optimist and big dreamer, Maxine is a thoughtful gift-giver, fiendish mogul skier, caring friend, and spunky pre-med student with a passion for journalism. A first year in the College, Maxine hails from New Jersey and hopes to major in Comparative Human Development. She loves Mexican food, winter, her green Jeep, and her two Presa Canario dogs, takes way too many photos, and feels so incredibly honored to be living and learning in the amazing city of Chicago.
Annie Pei

U Chicago

Annie is a Political Science major at the University of Chicago who not only writes for Her Campus, but is also one of Her Campus UChicago's Campus Correspondents. She also acts as Editor-In-Chief of Diskord, an online op-ed publication based on campus, and as an Arts and Culture Co-Editor for the university's new Undergraduate Political Review. When she's not busy researching, writing, and editing articles, Annie can be found pounding out jazz choreography in a dance room, furiously cheering on the Vancouver Canucks, or around town on the lookout for new places, people, and things. This year, Annie is back in DC interning with Voice of America once again!