Katie Vandervalk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

Year: First

Major: English

Activities: Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor Track, Mock Trial, Camous Tour Guide, Catcher in the Rhyme

Favorite Book: Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy

Favorite Song to Jam to: Come on Ilene

Favorite Coffee Spot: Div School coffee but drinking it on the Quad

What do you like best about school? Not being in Northern New Jersey

If you could be any animal what would it be? Hummingbirds. They can fly backwards and I could give tours to other birds.

Ke$ha or Katy Perry? Ke$ha

Guilty Pleasure: Once Upon a Time. And eating frosting from the jar.

Place you Most want to travel to: California

Latest Obsession: Sherlock, all day everyday, everything about Sherlock, not just the BBC show.

Must Have Beauty Product: Great Lash Big Mascara

New Style Trend You Love: Harem pants

Top Three Favorite Movies: Donnie Darko, Memento, & How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days

If you could be one author from the SOSC sequence, who would it be? Hobbes, because he’s thorough and a bad ass.

One way you’ll make adulthood fun: Be in an 80s cover band. And ice skating. Lots of ice skating.

Kali West

U Chicago

Annie Pei

U Chicago

Annie is a Political Science major at the University of Chicago who not only writes for Her Campus, but is also one of Her Campus UChicago's Campus Correspondents. She also acts as Editor-In-Chief of Diskord, an online op-ed publication based on campus, and as an Arts and Culture Co-Editor for the university's new Undergraduate Political Review. When she's not busy researching, writing, and editing articles, Annie can be found pounding out jazz choreography in a dance room, furiously cheering on the Vancouver Canucks, or around town on the lookout for new places, people, and things. This year, Annie is back in DC interning with Voice of America once again!