5 Things to do this Halloween Weekend: Off Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

Sure, you can spend this Friday or Saturday night partying it up at a frat or an apartment party, but why not take yourself (and your fantastic costume) to an off-campus event? Here are 5 Halloween events being held all throughout Chicago this Halloween weekend. Have fun and stay safe!

Friday

Tomb Talks and Ghost Stories at the Couch Tomb in Lincoln Park, 6:30 p.m.

Hosted by the Chicago History Museum, this Halloween event will raise the hairs on the back of your neck as you listen to ghost stories in the city’s original cemetery. In addition to the $15 entrance fee, make sure you bring blankets, flashlights, and depending on how scared you get, a change of pants.
For more info, check our the Museum’s calendar

Really Big Halloween Party at Navy Pier, Noon to 9 p.m.

Carve pumpkins, watch a Harry Houdini magic show, gawk at fire spinners, and shake your moneymaker on the dance floor. If you can’t make it Friday, don’t fret since Navy Pier will be hosting this party on Saturday as well.
For more info, check out Navy Pier’s event calendar

Rusko at Aragon Ballroom, 7:30 p.m

Bob your head and thrash your body to the music of dubstep DJ/producer, Rusko at the Uptown venue. In true EDM fashion, expect to see ridiculous outfits and glove-produced light shows.
For more info, check out Aragon’s website

Saturday

Haunted Hotel Ball at the Chicago Hilton & Towers, 9 p.m. – 3 a.m.

The Chicago Hilton is set to transforms itself into a zombie-infested hotel as it hosts a huge party that is expected to receive 3,000 costume-adorned attendees. There will be a DJ set by trance artist, Matt Darey, as well as a costume contest with a prize of $5,000. As this is a cocktail party, you’ll need to be 21+ to enter.
For more info, check out the event’s website

Mischief Night at the Hyde Park Art Center, 1 p.m. – 10 p.m.

Don’t feel like venturing out? Lucky for you, the Hyde Park Art Center will be throwing a Halloween arts festival. There will be workshops, interactive performances, and art making for families during the day but after 6 p.m., the events, which include music performances and film screenings, will be for adults only. Best part? It’s free!

Jessica Ro

U Chicago

Jessica Ro is a third-year Public Policy student originally from Santa Monica, California, a city just west of Los Angeles. Jessica joined Her Campus because she loved the concept of reaching out specifically to college-aged females through writing.