5 Life Hacks that Every Girl Needs to Know!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

Daily life always gets a bit easier when you can find tips and tricks for how to best use all of your products! Here are 5 quick and easy life hacks that might come in handy for any girl, ranging from organizational tricks to essential beauty secrets. 

1. Color code your keys with nail polish

This trick can be a total life-saver when you have lots of keys on your keyring, as I do. Paint two coats of nail polish to the top of a key for a great way to distinguish between them all; it’ll save you from a lot of trial and error if your keys all look the same! 

2. Organize your jewelry in ice trays

It’s hard to believe that more people haven’t thought of this sooner, but a quick and easy way to keep all your rings and earrings in one place is by using a ice cube tray. The little compartments are perfect for storing smaller pieces of jewelry, and the trays themselves are way cheaper than any jewelry organizers. 

3. Paint a coat of clear nail polish on the inside of your rings

Although this might initially seem strange, painting the inside of your rings with clear nail polish will prevent any of your cheaper rings from turning green over time! This hack has saved tons of my Forever 21 jewelry from rusting over and losing its original color!

4. Turn your hangers inside-out

This hack is essential if you are looking to downsize your wardrobe. Turn all of your hangers inside out, and after you wear the piece of clothing on the hanger, place it back the correct way. After a few months, check back to see what hangers haven’t been turned back to see what things you can make do without. 

5. Break your flats in easily

Buying a new pair of flats can be difficuly since they take a while to break in. However, there’s a great way to speed up this process! Put on some thick socks and put your flats on with them. Then, blow dry your flats for 5 minutes and they’ll instantly be more comfortable the next time you wear them.