This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Baltimore chapter.

After 15-degree weather, brutal winds, and continuous snowstorms throughout the East coast, we survived and made it to see spring! Out with the oversized sweaters and wool socks and in with the bright colors, silk fabrics, and sling back shoes. Spring is the time when we can let our hair down and begin to have some fun with our wardrobe. Below are the top 5 must-have items for this spring.

1. It seems as though one of the hottest trend alerts for spring would be the bomber jacket. These jackets can be paired with jeans and a nice pair of heels or flats, whatever you prefer. It’s one of the most versatile jackets on the market and the jacket below can be found at any local FOREVER 21 stores for just $29.90.

2. Another trendy spring fashion do is anything the color “moss green” with a nude or light color to level it out. This color really makes the skin pop and it’s a very relaxing tone.  In this photo we get a two for one. Palazzo pants have bombarded their way into our hearts and hopefully into all of our closets. These pants can be dressed either up or down.

3. Nude colors are always a good choice when purchasing clothing for the warmer seasons. This color can transform an ordinary jeans and t- shirt outfit into something that makes it look as if you just stepped off the pages of Cosmo.

4. The person that said diamonds are a girl’s bestfriend was definitely telling the truth, but when you’re a college student and working with a fixed budget the next best thing is shoes!  This spring you can’t be caught without having at least one pair of neon colors heels in your closet to make just about any outfit pop. Below we have a Valentino Rockstud stiletto-inspired shoe that can be found at Necessary Clothing for just $25.86.

5. The last item that you need this spring is a statement piece. Normally when you hear the word statement piece you think jewelry but I am talking about BAGS! The envelope clutch will be in high demand this spring along with the already highly cherished tote bag. The envelope clutch can sported for a night out on the town while in the morning you can transition and throw any and everything into the tote bag. Both of these bags are available at any local Aldo store. 

Hi, there! My name is Laurise McMillian, and I am the founder of Her Campus UBalt. Here at the University of Baltimore I study Digital Communication and work on campus as a graphic designer. I'm absolutely obsessed with all things social media. I'm also very into fashion and health. Feel free to find me on Instagram @LauriseMC.