This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

Since I am a music fiend, I thought it best to continue the trend and give you a list of my top songs you need to have on your Halloween playlist. Whether this playlist is for those late-night drives picking up snacks before a movie marathon, or on the way to the corn maze, these songs are sure to emulate the best of this holiday. These songs are a mixture of those old classics you hear in movies and newer takes on the dark tradition of Halloween and everything that comes with it. 

• Love Potion #9, The Searchers 

• I Put a Spell on You, Screaming Jay Hawkins 

• Black Magic Woman, Fleetwood Mac

• Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me, Susan Sarandon (or anything from Rocky Horror) 

• Witchy Woman, Eagles

• Monster, Lady Gaga 

• Thriller, Michael Jackson

• Monster Mash, Bobby Pickett 

• Ghostbusters, Ray Parker Jr

• Time Warp, From The Rocky Horror Picture Show 

• Halloween, Misfits

• Zombie, The Cranberries 

• Witchcraft, Frank Sinatra

• This is Halloween, The Citizens of Halloween 

• Witch Doctor, David Seville 

• Thriller/Heads Will Roll, The Glee Cast 

• Halloween, Kodak Black 

• Somebody’s Watching Me, Rockwell 

• Highway to Hell, AC/DC

• Scream, Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson

• Heads Will Roll, Yeah Yeah Yeahs 

• Sympathy for the Devil, The Rolling Stones

All these songs are necessities for getting into the Halloween spirit, so make sure to blast them while trying your best to carve pumpkins! All these songs and more are on my spooky playlist on my apple music @hollysgerrard so give them a listen, and Happy Halloween! 

Holly Gerrard

U Alberta '22

I am student at the University of Alberta studying History and Linguistics. I love writing for Her Campus because I have an opportunity to talk about mental health on a platform that encourages wellbeing and self love for all in university life.
Robin is a senior student at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta. She is getting a Science Degree, with a Psychology major and a double minor in Sociology & Biology. Part-time jobs, full-time classes, various student groups and volunteering fill most of her time. Robin is the 2020/2021 President of Her Campus at UAlberta and served as the social media director for the 2018/2019 year!