roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Sippin’ On Starbucks: The Starbucks Drink That Has Me On “Cloud” Nine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

Recently I was looking for a new Starbucks drink that was sweet, delicious, and had a kick of caffeine to get me through a long study session. Usually I go with an iced green tea, or an iced tea lemonade, but I needed something that packed more of a punch.

Starbucks has recently released the Caramel Cloud Macchiato, and I am possibly its biggest fan. The drink can be made iced or hot, and you can choose your favourite milk or milk-alternative. You can choose regular espresso or blonde espresso, and there is even an option with cinnamon for those ladies and gentlemen who like to live life on the spicy side

Starbucks describes the drink as:

“Bold espresso cascades through light, fluffy layers of foam, topped with a drizzle of flavour.”

Layers of delicious soy milk foam, caramel, and a double shot of espresso is how I enjoy this new delicacy. I found it to be a perfect combination of a sweet drink, and a strong cup of Joe. I loved that I could opt for fluffy soy milk foam rather than milk, as I have an intolerance to dairy, and there are so many other milk/mylk options! With so many different ways to personalize this drink, I believe it is something that anyone could enjoy in their own way. Another bonus is that this drink is beautiful! (Perfect for those spring photo-ops)

Overall, as a girl who is quite picky about her drinks, and tends not to stray from her typical beverage, I would recommend this drink to everyone! Check it out on your next trip to Starbucks to study for your upcoming finals!

Image Courtesy of:

1

Robin is a senior student at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta. She is getting a Science Degree, with a Psychology major and a double minor in Sociology & Biology. Part-time jobs, full-time classes, various student groups and volunteering fill most of her time. Robin is the 2020/2021 President of Her Campus at UAlberta and served as the social media director for the 2018/2019 year!