This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

The Holiday Season is one of my favourite times of the year. I’m that person who is blaring Christmas music from the day after Remembrance Day until school starts again after the break. This year I decided to take my partner to the Glow Christmas event at the Enjoy Centre in St. Albert.

The branding and marketing for the event was phenomenal, so we had high hopes going into the event. The lights were beautiful and there were vendors, drinks, and interactive activities for people of all ages- they even had Santa there to take photos with the guests. If you were looking for an indoor venue to look at lights, enjoy a drink from a light bulb, and take some aesthetic photos, this would have been the perfect event for you. Overall, we enjoyed the event and we have some great photos, however in some ways I feel that the event was over-hyped and slightly overpriced.

If this seems like something you would enjoy, definitely go take a peek, however a similar effect (although slightly colder) can be achieved by heading to Candy Cane Lane or to the Legislature Grounds, or opting for the inexpensive AND warm choice by taking a drive around to look at your neighbors’ lights

Robin is a senior student at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta. She is getting a Science Degree, with a Psychology major and a double minor in Sociology & Biology. Part-time jobs, full-time classes, various student groups and volunteering fill most of her time. Robin is the 2020/2021 President of Her Campus at UAlberta and served as the social media director for the 2018/2019 year!
Breanne D

U Alberta '19

Co-founder and proud alumna of Her Campus at UAlberta.