This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

On March 13th, 2018, I had the privilege to officially help launch Her Campus right here at the University of Alberta. I had the opportunity to embark on this challenging, but rewarding, journey alongside a few capable, intelligent and inspiring women who I have the pleasure of calling good friends today. Here I am now, reflecting on the past year and let me just say how proud I am of how far we have come and how excited I am to see where we will go.

This past year has given so much opportunity for personal growth for our contributors, but also a great opportunity to grow as a team through our magazine. Through our time on campus so far, we have established a platform for women to share their interests, advocate for their passions and create a community of women supporting women through writing. We have seen articles about so many interesting, intelligent, and funny topics over the past year and I always look forward to seeing what these women will come up with next. I am so proud to work with the women of this team, and I feel so blessed to be apart of a project that fosters so much female positivity on our campus. I cannot wait to see what our second year on campus will bring!

Since it is our birthday (and birthdays are the BEST), we thought it would be a good time to thank you for all your support this past year! We truly wouldn’t be here today without all the support and love you have shown us over the last 12 months. We have a giveaway happening on our Instagram right now, so head on over to @hcualberta to have a chance at winning a cute gift from the Her Campus U Alberta Team! Thank you for an incredible first year and let’s make the next even better!

HCXO,

Rachel