My Top 3 Favourite Oatmeal Recipes

Last year, I became a huge fan of oatmeal and ever since I have been trying out so many different flavour combinations. One reason I absolutely love oatmeal is there are so many different ingredients and toppings you can add and everything can be customized to your own liking. Although I know my favourites will probably end up changing in a couple months these are the top 3 that I have been loving lately. 

Peanut Butter and Jam 

I am a fiend for Pb&J sandwiches, so these toppings are perfect for replicating this sandwich in oatmeal form. I love to add a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon of raspberry jam to my oats and then mix them together to make the most delicious flavour combo. 

Brown Sugar and Maple Syrup 

This is my favourite flavour when I am craving a sweeter breakfast. Add as much maple syrup as you would like and then sprinkle some brown sugar over top. Make sure to mix it all together and voila, you have a tasty and quick meal! If you want to elevate the flavours even more, add cinnamon!

Fruit and Honey

I personally choose this option when I want something lower maintenance and when I have lots of different frozen or fresh fruits in my fridge/freezer. Add about a tablespoon of honey and then top with your favourite fruits. Super quick and easy!  

Rieley Tomkinson

U Alberta '22

Rieley is a third year Elementary Education student at the University of Alberta. When she's not busy studying you can find her binging a new Netflix show, singing along to musicals, playing with her dog or curled up with a new book.