This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

Milk Makeup has become one of my favourite makeup brands for so many reasons. To start, all of their products are cruelty-free and vegan! Not only that, but their products feature good ingredients, and they’ve blacklisted harmful ingredients like talc, parabens, and more.

I should probably add that this article is in no way sponsored by Milk Makeup, but I wouldn’t say no if they offered! While I haven’t tried all of their products, here’s a list of some of my favourites. A lot of these products come in mini sizes which are not only cute and perfect for traveling, but also great for testing them out without the full commitment! 

1. Hydro Grip Primer

I have oily skin, so it’s always important for me to have a really secure base for my foundation and this one comes really close to perfect. Developed with ingredients like hemp-derived cannabis seed extract, aloe water, and more, this primer definitely has an interesting texture. I let it sit for one minute, as recommended, before applying my foundation and it lasts all day!

2. Sunshine Skin Tint

Like I said in the last recommendation, I have oily skin so this foundation isn’t exactly the best for me but I enjoy it regardless! It has a sheer coverage and feels light on my skin; it’s my go-to for those hot summer days. I’ve also noticed a bit of improvement in my skin when using it thanks to its coconut, avocado, jojoba oils, and grape seed ingredients.

3. Flex Concealer

This is hands down one of the best concealers I’ve ever used. It has medium coverage and is creamy enough to blend but never creases. It’s perfect for spot concealing, using without foundation, or covering those dark undereye circles! Some of its ingredients include marshmallow root powder (weird I know, but so cool), blue lotus, and chamomile.

4. Matte Bronzer

I have to admit I’m not the best at applying bronzer but one makes things a bit easier for me. I prefer cream bronzers because I feel like they look much more natural on my skin. This one features mango butter and avocado oil making it super easy to blend with your fingers.

5. Highlighter

Highlighter is honestly one of my favourite beauty products. Let’s be real, who doesn’t like feeling like they’re glowing? Milk highlighters are creamy, easy to blend, and come in different shades! Just like their bronzer, these products have mango butter, coconut oil, and avocado oil

6. Kush High Volume Mascara

Okay, I will admit that I have not yet tried this mascara, but it’s on my shopping list! Also, yes you read that correctly, kush. This mascara has plant-derived oils that are supposed to really plump your lashes. I gave it to my bestie for Christmas, and she is absolutely enjoying it.

You can shop Milk Makeup products from their website or Sephora.

Milk Makeup website: https://www.milkmakeup.com/

Sephora Canada: https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/brand/milk-makeup?country_switch=ca&lang=en

Simi is a senior at the University of Alberta studying Sociology and Religious Studies. She grew up in Houston Texas and lives by the saying “go big or go home”. She is currently Her Campus Ualberta's Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent. School, volunteering, clubs, and work occupy most of her time. You can find her on Instagram at @simi.bhangoo.