mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

It’s Our First Birthday!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

It’s official: Her Campus at UAlberta is 1 year old today. That’s 365 entire days! On March 13, 2018 we published our first 5 articles, and hosted an awesome launch party to celebrate. We were so excited to have been approved to found a brand new chapter of Her Campus here at UAlberta (and the first in our province).

This year has gone by so fast. In that time we’ve been working hard to grow our organization, empower women, and offer students a platform for creative expression. We’ve learned so much and are continuing to grow everyday. As of today we’ve been able to publish 97 articles by 18 different women. Personally, I can’t wait to see what we’ll look like at this time next year, and how many people our chapter of Her Campus will have the opportunity to reach and inspire.

To celebrate our birthday, and to thank you for supporting us in our first year, we’re hosting a little social media giveaway this week. Head over to Instagram @hcualberta to check out the details!

HCXO,

Breanne

Breanne D

U Alberta '19

Co-founder and proud alumna of Her Campus at UAlberta.