I Went to Halley’s Club and Cant Wait to Go Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

Last month I went to Halley’s Club in West Edmonton Mall with some girlfriends and it was hands down one of the best restaurants I’ve been to. 

Let’s start with the venue, this place is absolutely stunning. It has two levels, the lower level is much more spacious, with the bar and a few larger tables with booths. A beautiful staircase leads you to the upper level where the booths are cushioned velvet and you can easily see the band’s stage. The lighting is also perfect and makes you feel much more relaxed. 

The night we went, there was a live band playing and the singers sang a wide variety of songs to a jazzy tune with their crazy talented voices. I never thought that I would hear Justin Bieber or The Clash being sung in such a way, it definitely made me feel like I was in a different era. There’s something about live music that I feel really enhances the dining experience.

The service was outstanding, everyone was kind and patient. The servers were dressed in Gatsby-esque clothing, flapper skirts and everything! Even the chef himself stopped by our table to check on us, asking if it was our first time there because he wanted to make sure that everything was going well. 

The food was absolutely delicious. We decided to each get something different as an appetizer so we could try different plates. We had a charcuterie board, pan-fried oysters, mussels and fries, and a shrimp cocktail, all of which we enjoyed. I would also recommend trying the pink sangria if you like peach and raspberry!

For my entree, I opted for the butternut squash ravioli and oh my goodness was it good. Not only did it look amazing, but it tasted amazing. It sat in Pomodoro sauce, had roasted garlic cream, and was topped with mint pesto. If I had any cooking talents, I would be trying to recreate this dish.

While anything chocolate is my go-to dessert, the New York cheesecake with fruit coulis was my choice for the evening and I did not regret that decision at all. I don’t know much about cheesecake (does anyone?) but I can guarantee that this one is great.

I would 100% recommend checking out Halley’s Club, it’s a great place for a night out with the girls or even a date! You get to enjoy a delicious meal in a beautiful setting and listen to live music that’ll make you want to dance. I’m already looking forward to going back!

Image Credit:

http://halleysclub.com & Maissie Hillman

Simi is a senior at the University of Alberta studying Sociology and Religious Studies. She grew up in Houston Texas and lives by the saying “go big or go home”. She is currently Her Campus Ualberta's Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent. School, volunteering, clubs, and work occupy most of her time. You can find her on Instagram at @simi.bhangoo.