Style > Beauty

Holiday Collections That I Am Dying to Buy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

It’s that time of year again, where my wallet is crying and so is my credit card. So many makeup brands either flop or come out with really good products during the holiday. It’s the time that they cram under pressure to come out with new and exciting ideas during the holiday season for every Christmas party and people’s holiday wish list.  I take great pride in trying to control myself on new makeup items because I need to buy my family holiday gifts. But when I see glitter and smell gingerbread eye shadow I am all up in the makeup stores. So, with thousands of brands coming out with products here are some of the holiday launches that caught my eye:

Shane Dawson’s Conspiracy Collection

Now when I heard Shane Dawson the popular YouTube comedian is making his own makeup line I thought it was a joke. But apparently not. In his new docuseries the world of Jeffree Star the Beauty mogul and Shane is making a holiday collection and it’s shanes first makeup launch ever. The whole series takes you through the process and we already got to see the real live colors and swatches and IT IS SO GOOD. All of them could be wearable but some are out there. The pigmentation of the palettes is amazing and the shade names will make you smile. Also, the liquid lipsticks are really nice too. I can’t wait to play around with this palette and get my hands messy and creative.

Fenty Beauty Holiday Collection

I never had a Fenty lipstick, ever. So, these small liquid lipsticks are going to be a great start. I heard they were good quality and the small ointment style lipsticks with be nice to carry around and test if I like the formula. Also, there is mini glitter balls. A roller where you can control how much glitter you want to add on your skin. Its small but really pigmented and I am in love it reminds me of lava in a lot of ways too just more holiday like.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Undressed Lipsticks

These are super trendy and cute. They are a very simple modern packaging and feels like in your hand. They are smaller but you get 5 nude liquid lipsticks and a topper too.  You can’t go wrong with more nude lipsticks and completes any look.

Becca Cosmetics Pop goes the glow (limited edition)

Can you say gorgeous everything and about this eye and highlighter palette is to die for? The pans are huge and you’ll get a lot of product out of it. The pinks are really pretty and different shades so you can play around. And then there’s the famous Champagne pop highlighter. The packaging feels nice in your hands, it’s really girly and light weight. Overall this is a must for holiday parties.

So those are my top four picks this holiday season. It was really hard to narrow down my top picks but these are by far the ones that caught my eye the most and will consider purchasing this holiday season!

Kate Puim

U Alberta '24

Visual Communications graduate turned psychology student. I'm a master at finding affordable beauty products and stylish outfits. I dig coffee, chocolate, bold lipstick and pandas. Mental health advocate and your new best friend.
Simi is a senior at the University of Alberta studying Sociology and Religious Studies. She grew up in Houston Texas and lives by the saying “go big or go home”. She is currently Her Campus Ualberta's Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent. School, volunteering, clubs, and work occupy most of her time. You can find her on Instagram at @simi.bhangoo.