photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Halloween-y Activities (That Work With A Busy Schedule)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

I’m in university. I’m working 3 jobs. I’m involved in extracurriculars. I’m working on a side hustle.

I DO NOT have time for multiple weekends of partying and #spookyszn festivities.

I DO want to make time to include short and meaningful Halloween-related activities into my week to feel festive and accomplished, and to avoid overwhelm and FOMO.

Here are some things I plan on doing to make my Halloween week a little more spooky, and still as productive as I need it to be:

Watch a Halloween movie while eating dinner

(eating and studying should never be mixed, take an earned break while you cook and munch!)

Put spooky cookies in the oven to bake while you study 

(we love a spooky study snack with minimal effort!)

Choose one evening to go out and partake in the festivities 

(because who has time to go out two weekends in a row??)

Hit up multiple parties/activities on your chosen evening 

(re: killing many birds with one stone, seeing many friends in one night)

Listen to Halloween music while you clean (face it, nothing is scarier than the state of your bathroom right now)

(face it, nothing is scarier than the state of your bathroom right now)

Decorate your screensaver, not your house (faster, cleaner, more efficient, easier transition into Christmas!)

(faster, cleaner, more efficient, easier transition into Christmas!)

Re-use a costume from a previous year, but make it “undead” (last year’s pirate is this year’s undead pirate, matey!)

(last year’s pirate is this year’s undead pirate, matey!)

Have a midterm in your night class on October 31st 

(thanks professor, this midterm is the spookiest part of my Halloween season this year)

Robin is a senior student at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta. She is getting a Science Degree, with a Psychology major and a double minor in Sociology & Biology. Part-time jobs, full-time classes, various student groups and volunteering fill most of her time. Robin is the 2020/2021 President of Her Campus at UAlberta and served as the social media director for the 2018/2019 year!