element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Dinner is served: My Favourite Holiday Season Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

Although most of us are in the thick of finals season, you can’t help but notice that Christmas time is drawing closer by the day. Take a trip to your local mall and you’ll be met with hours of Christmas music. Drive around your local neighborhood and you’ll be hard-pressed not to find a festively-decorated house. Aside from the decorations and the music, one of my favorite things about the holidays is all the food we get to indulge in.

What does Christmas dinner look like to you?

To me, it’s a plate piled high with Jollof rice, plantains, and roasted chicken. Its the plate of brownies sitting on the kitchen counter (or cupcakes or cookies or whatever my more baking-inclined younger sister decided to treat us with that year.) It’s the food-coma that comes after eating far more than anyone reasonably should.

Check out this Jollof rice recipe if you’re looking for a recipe to try out this holiday season (and probably for years to come. Yes, its that good.)

Ver-Se Denga

U Alberta '21

Ver-Se is in her 4th year of uni, studying Biology and Psychology and serving as Senior Editor of the UAlberta Chapter. She loves to read and can't imagine a world without Chimamanda Adichie in it.
Simi is a senior at the University of Alberta studying Sociology and Religious Studies. She grew up in Houston Texas and lives by the saying “go big or go home”. She is currently Her Campus Ualberta's Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent. School, volunteering, clubs, and work occupy most of her time. You can find her on Instagram at @simi.bhangoo.