This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

Edmonton is a city that has a lot to offer, if you know where to look. However, aside from food-spots and bars, I sometimes find that my friends and I fall into a rut, looking for new things to do together. With summer coming closer (and the threat of snowy days no longer looming), there are a lot more activities to partake in (cue carefully-curated list):

Visit the botanical gardens

A trip that works well as both a group activity and a solo trip, a visit to St Albert Bonatical Park is one that deserves a spot on your summer activity list. The park is open daily from sunrise to sunset and boasts a wide vareity of horticulture- the perfect backdrop for your next instagram post.

Artwalk tour

The Edmonton expo will be taking place from July 5th to 7th from 10am to 5pm daily along Whyte Ave, and offers a chance to see the artwork of over 100 artists, with some creating pieces at the venue itself.

Edmonton River Valley

Explore the River Valley by cycling, hiking or running through trails. 

Images Courtesy of:

1

2

3

Ver-Se Denga

U Alberta '21

Ver-Se is in her 4th year of uni, studying Biology and Psychology and serving as Senior Editor of the UAlberta Chapter. She loves to read and can't imagine a world without Chimamanda Adichie in it.