This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TX State chapter.

Readers everywhere, the time has come. The weather in Texas has (thankfully) left the 100 plus degree days and we now leave the comforts of our home to find a cool breeze and a new temperature that sits in the 70s. Fall has arrived and autumn joy is in the air; With this change, we must be prepared! Here are some classic fall staples to not only keep you warm, but also keep you cute as the weather stoops!

Oversize Sweaters:

To start off strong, an all time classic. The chunky sweater has been a fall staple for decades. Coming in a variety of colors and designs, a large and cozy sweater is just what one could use to kick off this wonderful season.

Ludicrously Capacious Coat:

What better way to layer up in this cold weather than by adding an overtly large coat to your outfit? When the cool winds are blowing, your cheeks are burning with a cool red flush, and your hair is graciously flowing around your face, your obscenely large jacket will be the cherry on top fall accessory to rock. 

Hosiery:

A subtle accessory to add to your outfit, hosier is one of the easiest ways to up the antsy to your outfit and give it a classy kick into your fall wardrobe. Whether it is simple and sheer, or adorned with delicate traces and outlines, hosier is guaranteed to level up your sweet seasonal outfit!

Chunky Shoes:

Nothing better to be adorned on the feet of a person in a chunky outfit, than a chunky shoe. With so many varieties of style, a hearty shoe will go along with any fall look that you can find in your closet.  

An Extensive Amount of Plaid:

To end this segment, the most highly notorious fall staple: plaid. Once the girlies rip out the red plaid flannel or the beige plaid skirt, the fall season has officially begun. It has been associated with the season for years on end and with a flair of plaid in your outfit, you will definitely be a fall inspiration wherever you go!

London Petty

TX State '25

✩ London Petty is a Texas State University student with a major of communication studies and a minor in journalism. ✩ In her free time, she enjoys reading a wide variety of novels, going on hikes, and spending time with her friends.