Why Trevor Noah Rocks My Socks Off

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

When I hear the following 3 beautiful italicized words together my heart skips a beat. The Daily Show has always been music to my ears since before I can remember (shoutout to John Stewart), but today I’m going to tell you why Trevor Noah > Everyone. Although he’s been working as the host of The Daily Show for a little over a year now, I never truly realized how fantastic he was until watching him throughout the election season. I daresay I’m going to start a new hashtag- #TrevorSzn.

To begin with, he is absolutely hilarioussss. His job as host is to deliver news in a satirical form that has a left-leaning tone to viewers, and gawd does he have a way of throwing out those punch lines. The real reason I’m proclaiming my love for Trevor, though, is not because of his witty jokes and the way he makes every guest feel incredibly welcome no matter the context of their visit. I’m proclaiming my love for him because of his interaction with one specific guest- Tomi Lahren-that appeared on his show last week. Tomi is the exact opposite of Trevor (and myself) in her political views. But instead of a blindly ignorant yelling match between two opposing ideas (which in my opinion, has been a constant theme throughout this year’s election coverage), the two of them talked out controversial issues like President-elect Trump, immigration, and racism in America. Trevor happened to ~lightly~ roast her on a few thangs, but for the most part Tomi was able to back up her ideas. Although I highly disagree with Tomi’s immigration reform and support for Trump, I did really enjoy the conversation the two had; Trevor was able to facilitate an intelligent discussion between two people with radically different political beliefs- a recent rarity across all news networks. And to me, it was refreshing. So thank you Trevor… ily a milli.

Check out the interview NAOWWW: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/m9ds7s/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-exc…

Modern-Day Buddha.
Her Campus Tulane