Hurricane Harvey brought devastation to many in Texas, a feeling that the citizens of New Orleans know all too well. The city has some opportunities, around campus and via technology, to help out. Here are a few ways to help Houston and flood victims (maybe even without leaving your chair):
1. Food drive: Check out our on campus food drive (Friday 9/8) and future dates to donate all your non-perishable foods
2. Future efforts on campus : fill out this Center for Public Service form to show interest in joining the team planning relief efforts or learning more about the efforts: https://orgsync.com/163252/forms/276501
4. Text the word HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation. You can also visit redcross.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS.
OR donate for the Red Cross at: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/team/hurricane-harvey (link provided by Tulane Athletics)
5. Text UWFLOOD to 41444 to donate to the United Way Flood Relief Fund.
6. The Salvation Army’s Hurricane Harvey relief efforts can be made at helpsalvationarmy.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
7. Help the animals by donating to Houston SPCA