Vintage Shopping in NOLA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Even though Punxsutawney Phil has declared that winter will last until March 20th, the weather in New Orleans is getting sunnier and warmer by the day. Now that Valentine’s Day has come and gone, spring seems to be just around the corner. Slowly but surely, our wintery vests and ankle booties are being traded in for skirts and short-sleeves. The days of hiding behind a black fleece Northface are over—soon everyone will be breaking out the sandals and gauzy, practically compulsory florals. But, if you hit the mall for your new spring staples, chances are you’ll end up wearing the same things as people in your classes and spending a bunch of money. An alternative is to shop for clothes at vintage boutiques—you can find pieces that are fun and unique, and often for a better price. Here are some awesome vintage boutiques located in New Orleans:

1. Lili Vintage Boutique (Magazine St.)

Carrying clothes and jewelry dating from the 1890s to the 1950s, Lili is a great place to find cute day dresses and unique estate jewelry.

2.       Retroactive (Oak St.)

One of my personal New Orleans favorites, Retroactive has clothes from every decade, with a focus on the mod styles of the 1960s. It’s just a 10 minute walk from campus, and it’s always fun to go try on the elaborate hats and gowns with friends.

3.       The Revival Outpost (Chartres St.)

This shop is a mix of new and vintage, with a focus on clothing dating from the 1960s to the 1990s.

Her Campus Tulane