This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Stuck in Quarantine? Here are some of the best and latest TV shows to keep you occupied and entertained during your time at home. Whether you’re sitting at home on your couch or relaxing in your college dorm, it can be challenging to find things to do when you are quarantining for 7-10 days. With these six television shows, you will easily pass the time and become attached to some of the funniest, smartest, and most admirable characters on Netflix, Hulu, and HBO. 

1. Queen’s Gambit: Watch a master of Chess as she journeys and competes throughout the world while also finding herself and battling addiction. You will be pleasantly surprised at how quickly you fall in love with this show.

2. The Undoing: This short series is the perfect 1-2 day binge about a therapist trying to figure out if her husband is responsible for a horrible murder. Trust me, this one is a must-watch. In each episode you can make predictions about who you think will be responsible for a murder that leaves the town in shambles. 

3. Little Fires Everywhere: This show is a mysterious and intense series that will keep you on the edge of your seat asking for more. This show tells the story of how a house goes into flames when a new mother-daughter duo moves into town. 

4. The Bachelor/Bachelorette: Reality TV can be a hit or miss, but The Bachelor creates love stories like no other. No matter the season, it is always fun to watch a love story form as the drama between the bachelor and his ladies escalates throughout the weeks. You would not believe the things people do for the next rose– especially for Matt James (see the latest season)! 

5. All American: Watch high school football star Spencer James experience the struggles of dealing with family hardships, falling in love, and most importantly playing football for a town he does not grow up in. While he may be a legend, his name is not always accepted in the town of Beverly Hills.

6. Grey’s Anatomy: Now, this one never disappoints. With 17 seasons to offer, you will never get bored. You must watch Meredith Grey become a top surgeon, fall in love, and experience some of the greatest hardships of losing the people she loves most. Although she is an incredible surgeon, she cannot always save the lives of the ones she loves most.

Netflix, HBO, and Hulu offer some of the best distractions during these unprecedented times. These platforms have brought friends and family closer than ever and have provided us with a way to feel comfortable and entertained during such a hectic time. Now stop reading this and go watch! 

Woman laying down on a couch covered in a blanket.
Photo by Pixabay from Pexels

Chelsea Buda Oceanside, NY Junior
Her Campus Tulane