CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team
Style > Beauty

THE BEST DRUGSTORE PRODUCTS OF 2023

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Finding affordable makeup that truly does the trick in 2023 can seem impossible. From pigment to scent, there are so many factors that can make a product worth the price. If you’ve found yourself digging for coins in your purse or if you are simply a broke college student like me, fear not! I’ve compiled a list of 6 must-buy products from the drugstore that you NEED to get your hands on immediately, if not sooner. Whether you are looking for a full-coverage foundation or a mascara that is light on your lashes, read on to hear about my holy grail cosmetics that don’t break the bank.

1. Elf Halo Glow Liquid Filter

This multi-purpose, liquid glow skincare-makeup hybrid is probably the coolest cosmetic that I own. While most illuminating complexion boosters gradually lose their pigment, Halo Glow Liquid Filter stands the test of time! It’s pretty sheer, so the product itself is blendable as well as buildable, and for $14, I have zero complaints. 

1. L’Oréal Lash Paradise Mascara

Lash Paradise has been my go-to mascara since high school, and I have no plans of changing that anytime soon. The clump-free formula and thin applicator brush give a wispy, natural look to the product that can hold curls overnight. The mascara is also made with castor oil, which leaves your lashes looking full and feeling soft when it is time to take off the makeup. A true 10/10!

1. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Foundation

As someone with combination skin, my biggest frustration with foundation is the struggle to find one that doesn’t leave my skin looking dry or flaky. With Instant Age Rewind Eraser, I am able to hydrate and plump my skin while simultaneously evening out my skin tone and concealing blemishes. If that isn’t enough, it comes with its own unique applicator, making the application process super efficient. 

1. Revlon Colorstay Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

I firmly believe that winged eyeliner can make or break a look altogether. That’s why I love Revlon, and specifically this product. The slim applicator allows for controlled application, and it is super easy to touch up in case you make a mistake. The various shades this eyeliner comes in make it super versatile and a staple for any makeup lover’s collection! 

1. Elf Brow Lift Gel 

Whether you have uber-thin or extra full eyebrows, I believe Elf’s Brow Lift Gel is a necessity for all. The lightweight formula keeps your brows in place while ensuring the hair stays healthy and intact 24/7. Likewise, the gel comes with a built-in brush, so you don’t have to worry about buying additional tools or finding an applicator that achieves the results you’re looking for.

1. Maybelline Superstay Ink Crayon

My final, not a want but a NEED, product is this lip crayon by Maybelline. I prefer crayons over lipstick because I find they last longer, are easier to apply precisely, and are more effortless to pair perfectly with any gloss. This specific cosmetic offers a matte finish that isn’t overly drying on the lips, so you can wear it on its own or with your choice of finish. 

In an age where cosmetics can often feel like a luxury, these cosmetics stand as a testament that beauty can, and should be, accessible to all. With these budget-friendly options, achieving a sleek and polished look is not only possible but totally affordable. Don’t just take my word for it— head to your local drugstore and try them out today. Happy glamming!

Hi everyone! My name's Bri and I'm from Philadelphia. I'm a Tulane student in the class of 2025 and I'm majoring in Communications with a double minor in Psychology and Strategy, Leadership, and Analytics. I love to write and I'm excited for another year with the Her Campus team!