This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Tulane Her Campus Hosts Shoe Mogul Steve Madden

Tulane Her Campus is partnering with Steve Madden and his team to talk about entrepreneurship and overcoming adversity in business. Madden will be accompanied by Her Campus founder, Windsor Hanger Western, as they talk about the art of wearing many hats-and shoes- while building his business. The event will take place on Wednesday, April 25, and begin at 6:00 P.M. in the Kendall Cram Lecture Hall. Learn more on the Facebook event page

Steve Madden, a self-made business tycoon, has found success because of his perseverance and love for what he does. Madden prioritizes creating a trend-right product assortment, having leading footwear capability, using a test-and-react strategy, and connecting quickly to the market. Madden has created a dominant presence across the globe and said, “I get my inspiration from pounding the pavement all over the world.” Steve Madden has the third highest market share in women’s fashion footwear and continues to grow his brand.

Steve Madden began his career in 1990 with only $1,100 in his bank account. He strove to become a leader in his field, and ultimately dominate the shoe industry. Madden has cultivated brand equity through cutting-edge collections and vibrant styles. He has partnered with celebrities such as Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ellie Goulding, Jason Derulo, Tori Kelly, and more.  Madden currently operates 136 retail stores, as was as licenses certain lines to third parties for the marketing and sale of their products. Madden has expanded his brand from shoes to outerwear, apparel, eyewear, hosiery, jewelry, fragrance, luggage and bedding and bath products.

Steve Madden’s Documentary, Maddman The Steve Madden Story is available on Netflix now! 

Her Campus Tulane