This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

**This article contains spoilers. Do not read if you haven’t watched Always and Forever.**

The time has come. After the third installment of the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before trilogy, it is time to say goodbye. We have seen Lara Jean grow into an independent and confident woman who knows what’s best for her.  Always and Forever nicely ties up Lara Jean’s story, from applying to colleges and going on her own path, even if it means being away from her beloved Peter Kavinsky.

Family is a central theme in the trilogy, and perhaps even more so in the third movie. In the beginning, we see the Covey family (and Trina, Dan’s girlfriend) explore the streets of Seoul as they try to find their mother’s lock on the bridge. The Covey family is experiencing a lot of change, especially with Dan proposing to Trina, and figuring out how she fits into their family. We also get a glimpse into the other characters’ development, from Kitty growing up into a teenager, and Peter struggling with the absence of his father who left him to start another family. Relationships are messy and confusing, as Peter is learning how to navigate his relationship with his father and improve his relationship with Lara Jean.

Setbacks are also another theme, as Lara Jean finds herself amid college decisions. Lara Jean and Peter were planning on going to Stanford University together. The movie shows scenes of Lara Jean and Peter living out their best college life together, and eventually getting married and buying a house. Lara Jean’s expectations certainly do not reflect reality, as Stanford rejects her. I think many students and young adults can relate with Lara Jean’s challenges and decisions. I also think it is important to remember that we don’t have control over everything in our lives. We only have control over what we decide to do.

Lana Condor Peter Kavinsky GIF by NETFLIX
Netflix / Giphy

Although the first movie is my favorite, I think the third movie did a great job of wrapping up loose ends and giving fans a well-deserved ending. Always and Forever was a perfect movie to escape from reality. Even though the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before trilogy is over, fans of Jenny Han are anticipating the release of The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy, soon to be released on Amazon Prime Video. I will sure miss seeing Lana Candor and Noah Centineo on screen together, as they will always and forever be Lara Jean Covey and Peter Kavinsky in my heart.

Netflix / Giphy

Emily Oh

Tulane '22

Hi, my name is Emily! I am a writer and VP of Marketing/PR for Her Campus Tulane. I love reading, baking vegan treats, and singing along to Taylor Swift.
Her Campus Tulane