This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

As a major fan of romantic comedies, I love to enjoy them on a cold night while I dream of warmer weather. Grab a warm drink and your favorite blanket, and laugh your way through these incredible rom-coms.

leap Year

The 2010 movie Leap Year starring Amy Adams and Matthew Goode kicks off this list as a fun adventure where Anna and Declan journey through Wales on a mission. Anna hopes to propose to her boyfriend on leap day in Dublin, Ireland, as it is a tradition that men cannot refuse a woman’s marriage proposal on leap day. Bad weather and fractured travel plans lead to endless tension and bickering between Anna and Declan that only makes the movie more enjoyable.

Pride and Prejudice (2005)

As I am a little biased considering this is my favorite movie, Director Joe Wright’s adaptation of Pride and Prejudice is a must-see. Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen star as Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy, as the film follows the Bennet sisters aiming to secure suitable marriages. From their first meeting, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy embark on a marvelous enemies-to-lovers arc filled with family drama, miscommunication, fancy balls, and witty remarks.

The Broken Hearts Gallery

The 2020 film The Broken Hearts Gallery follows Lucy after a day of setbacks. A bad breakup and losing her job send Lucy into a tailspin that ends with her accepting a ride home from a stranger. Nick, the stranger-turned-friend, shows Lucy the hotel he’s been building, which inspires Lucy to start a gallery where people can leave moments from their past relationships as an ode to broken hearts. From the incredibly lovable characters to dynamic relationships, this movie radiates good vibes and energy.

Set it Up

The 2018 romantic comedy Set It Up starring Zoey Deutch and Glen Powell followed two overworked assistants who hope to set up their overbearing bosses on dates. Harper and Charlie reason that getting their bosses to date each other would prevent them from being overworked. Sparks fly between Harper and Charlie while on their journey to help their bosses navigate career uncertainty and failed relationships.

the Proposal

The dynamic duo of Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds make this romantic comedy masterpiece. As Margaret, a Canadian executive working in New York City discovers that she’s at risk of being deported due to her expired visa, she persuades her assistant, Andrew, to pretend to be her fiancé. The pair travels to extremely remote Sitka, Alaska to meet Andrew’s family. A proposal, a few chaotic days with Andrew’s family, and the incredible “Alaskan” scenery are bound to keep you smiling through the upcoming months of cold weather.

the Wedding Planner

Romantic comedy icons Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey teamed up for The Wedding Planner. Ambitious wedding planner Mary Fiore is hired to plan Fran Donolly’s society wedding. Through a series of unfortunate events, Mary gets saved by Steve Edison before getting hit by a runaway dumpster. The craziness continues as Mary discovers that Steve is her client for the career-defining society wedding. The excitement of wedding planning, the chemistry between Mary and Steve, and questions of destiny come together for an exciting rom-com.

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Crazy, Stupid, Love is a true comedic masterpiece that follows a recently separated man who seeks to rediscover his manhood by learning how to pick up women at bars. The movie keeps you on your toes and weaves the stories of multiple characters together nicely. It develops into an incredibly hilarious movie highlighting love and family in a way that is bound to make you laugh. The movie’s stars — Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, and Steve Carell — truly embodied their well-rounded characters.

The Holiday

To round out this list, I felt it was necessary to round out this list with a holiday movie favorite. In The Holiday, starring Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz, Iris and Amanda are two lovesick women in Los Angeles and London. The women arrange a home exchange to escape their heartbreak during the holiday season. Yet, this adventure turns into an opportunity for both women to make unexpected romantic connections while exploring a new face in their lives.

Hi! My name is Morgan McBride, and I'm a senior at Tulane from New York. I am majoring in communications with minors in management and political science. I am so excited to be writing for Her Campus!