burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Paris Fashion Week: Recap, Highlights, and Iconic Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

With Paris Fashion Week at a close, it’s time to reminisce on some of the most iconic moments of the week. From iconic looks to controversies, Spring-Summer 2020 is sure to be a season to remember.

Sustainability

Many fashion houses have begun taking steps to make their designs more sustainable. British house Stella McCartney has always made sustainability a priority. Gucci has been fur-free for a few seasons now. This Paris Fashion Week, Dior certainly won the sustainability prize for its Spring-Summer 2020 show. Models walked through a maze of over a hundred trees that are set to be planted around Paris. The entire set will be recycled and produced close to no waste.

Chanel Catwalk Crasher

A French comedian crashed the catwalk in the middle of the Chanel Spring-Summer 2020 fashion show. Posing as a model walking in the show, the comedian is known for inserting herself into big pop culture moments. Model Gigi Hadid came to the rescue to escort her off the runway!

Cardi B’s Controversial Look

Cardi B always serves looks, but especially during PWF! From a sexy purple latex number by Nicolas Jebran to a black and white Chanel jumpsuit, Cardi certainly shared the spotlight with the models. For her opening look, she rocked a LITERAL head-to-toe floral ensemble by Richard Quinn. This six piece look certainly turned heads, but particularly because many were outraged that this outfit violated France’s face covering rule that prevents Muslim women from wearing a face veil. People felt that this hypocritcal law is only discriminatory towards Muslim women who cover their faces for religious reasons, but not people who cover their face as a fashion statement.

Balmain

Balmain certainly played with geometric patterns and jarring colors. These vibrant 80s-inspired sets turned heads this Spring-Summer 2020 show season, but more importantly, inspired lots of memes.

Hi, I'm Taylor, and I'm a freshman at Tulane! I'm from Long Island, NY and I love fashion, food, and music.
Her Campus Tulane