Must-Have Items for Mardi Gras

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

With Krewe de Vieux behind us, it is time to gear up for the thick of Carnival season: Mardi Gras. Many will experience their first Mardi Gras in just a few short weeks. Preparation can be overwhelming and terrifying, but I am here to remind you of the few essentials that you MUST keep in mind among all of the Mardi Gras advice.

Find My Friends 

While the buddy system mostly works during Mardi Gras, it is so much better to be safe than sorry. With Find My Friends, you can share locations with and track your friends for days on end. This will help to ease concerns and make sure that no one is left alone.             

Portable Phone Charger

So much of Mardi Gras has been turned into picture-taking. How else is everyone going to see the floats and your awesome catches? A dead phone is a sad person, and sad people do not vibe with Mardi Gras. 

Sunscreen

Those silly costume sunglasses are not only for decoration. Mardi Gras = lots of time spent outside. Where the sun shines. Take it from a girl who was very sunburnt last Mardi Gras: the last thing you want is to get a burn-line from your rhinestones. Wear sunscreen and bring it to reapply. 

Hand Sanitizer  

The porta-potties define Mardi Gras but they do not have to make you feel constantly yucky. Bring a little portable hand-sanitizer around with you. 

Fanny Pack

A sturdy spot for your phone, sunscreen, and hand-sanitizer is a must. Your hands will likely be in the air yearning to grasp onto some beads, so invest in a fanny-pack to keep your belongings in store. 

You will thank me later. See you at the parades! 

Her Campus Tulane