The Miracle That Is Gel Moisturizer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

From time to time, I find myself skipping out on a crucial part of any skincare routine: moisturizing. While I religiously wash my face, I often find that I’m reluctant to moisturize because I am dissatisfied with my options. Light moisturizers meant for people with oily, or acne-prone skin don’t really get the job done, but heavier creams for dry skin types make my face feel sticky and wet. My old solution of disregarding moisturizer altogether changed when my mom introduced me to the miracle that is gel moisturizer.

She’d been talking about it for weeks, but I wasn’t convinced. When she talked about gel, all I could think about was aloe vera in the summer time. While it’s refreshing on a sunburn, I couldn’t think about anything of that texture being a part of my everyday routine. Finally, when she was in town visiting, she convinced me to try hers. The experience was truly life changing. As I dipped my fingers into the jar of the pink goo and applied it to my face, I was stunned. The gel easily absorbed into my skin, leaving my face feeling refreshed, deeply moisturized, and surprisingly dry to the touch. I knew at that moment that I would never go back. 

Summer is finally in the air in New Orleans, making this a perfect time for anyone to try hopping on the gel moisturizer bandwagon. With several options for all skin types, everyone can find a way to add this refreshing new product to their beauty regimen. 

That said, here are some of my favorite options available:

Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream – The name says it all. This is the kind I use, and it works so well and is super budget friendly!

I’ve heard great things from friends about this version by Clinique. It’s a little pricier, but they say it’s worth it!

And if you want to try the gel trend for your whole body, there is this option by Vaseline. 

Remember, spending lots of time in the sun calls for moisturized skin… So get gelling!

Her Campus Tulane