This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Megan Baumgartner is the VP of Membership for AKPsi, Tulane’s Business Fraternity

1. Year: Junior
  2. Major: Finance, in Masters of Accounting program
  3. Hometown: I moved around a lot because my Dad was in the military but I went to elementary school in New Orleans and lived in Virginia for a while.
  4. What does your position entitle? I promote the frat in general and make sure students are aware of it.  This includes talking about it to perspective students in their business classes and coordinating the Rush events at the beginning of the semester.  
  5. What do you like most about your position? I love being able to do recruitment and work with the perspective members; I get to know all of the pledges even before they have joined!    
  6. What is your favorite part of being in AKPsi? My favorite part is meeting people I would have never otherwise met. 
  7. Favorite place to eat in Nola: I recently went to The Company Burger and loved it!
  8. Favorite place to shop In Nola: All of the boutiques onMagazine street
  9. Favorite Tulane tradition: Crawfest
  10. Other Hobbies: I love to run!
  11. Best piece of advice for freshman: Get involved early and stay on top of schoolwork.
Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.