Meet the Staff! HCT Treasurer, Cheyenne!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Meet the Staff! This week we are featuring Cheyenne!

Since moving from Austin to New Orleans, Cheyenne has chopped off her locks and gotten involved in just about every organization on campus. Over spicy tuna rolls on Magazine, I got to know a bit more about our HCT Treasuer. She is vivacious, ambitious, and witty -I hope you enjoy getting to know her as much as I did!

Year: 

Sophomore

Hometown: 

Austin, Texas

Major: 

International Relations and International Development, with a minor in Public Health

What made you want to get involved with Her Campus?

I read Her Campus when I was in high school, and I thought it would be a fun way to keep writing for fun while connecting with other women who are interested in similar things. 

What else are you involved in on campus?

I’m the VP for Women in Science and the PR Chair for Best Buddies. I’m also a Student Engagement Ambassador for the Office of Student Affairs, an intern in the Office of Sustainability, and I also intern at Innocence Project New Orleans.

What’s an item on your life bucket list?

Since swimming with whales has already been crossed out, I’d have to say my next goal is hang-gliding.

What are three things you could not live without?

Books, Google, and cheese.

If you could…

…be a Disney princess?

I would be Mulan, for sure.

…have one super power?

The ability to pause time at will—I would take naps all the time, and never be late turning in assignments.

…have one song stuck in your head for a year?

Anything by John Mayer.

…go back in time where would you go?

Either a Victorian tea party or 1920s jazz club. 

…go on a date with anyone?

Jonah Hill. I think he’s really funny, and we would definitely hit it off.

What is your dream job?

To be an art dealer, a sketch comedian, or a world-famous food critic. 

Secretly (or not so secretly perhaps…) you wish you were what celebrity?

Anthony Bourdain—he has the best job in the world. 

What animal represents you best?

I’d probably have to say an elephant. 

What is your favorite thing about Tulane?

The incredible amount of opportunities there are to get involved—if you’re interested in a leadership position or volunteering opportunity, they’re everywhere!

What’s your guilty pleasure?

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and Hagen-Daaz Caramel Cone, preferably together.

Favorites…

Movie: 

Gone with the Wind

TV Show: 

It’s a three-way tie between SNL, Modern Family, and Game of Thrones.

Food: 

Any type of sushi.

Place to travel:

Probably Hawaii—it’s so gorgeous.

Book:

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
Erin is an (almost) graduate of Tulane University, graduating with an BA in English. She has enjoyed being a member of Her Campus Tulane and leading the chapter this year alongside Brittany Kottler. After graduation, she hopes to move out to the Bay Area to fulfill her dreams of joining the tech industry.