Julia Chen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Name: Julia Chen
Year: Senior
Major: Public Health Major, French Minor
Astrological Sign: Gemini

What did you do this summer?
I spent the summer at the University of Michigan School of Public Health as part of the Future Public Health Leaders Program. This program encourages minority students to work in community public health and health disparities. One of the last weeks of summer, I travelled to Atlanta where I got to listen to lectures from various public health professionals.

What are you involved in?
Newcomb Scholars, Mortar Board, Alpha Lambda Delta, and I am also starting a new organization called GLAM, which stands for Global Health Leaders Across Multicultural Women.

What are your goals for the upcoming school year?
Mostly, I would like get my organization, GLAM, up and running and successful in fulfilling our mission of increasing awareness of minority women health issues and also increasing leadership skills of women who would like to work in public health.

Dream job?
A non-profit organization

Favorite place to spend a Friday night?
Juan’s Flying Burrito

JoEllen is a senior at Tulane University where she is majoring in Philosophy and Psychology. She is particularly active with the Tulane chapter of Relay for Life and spent last summer studying abroad in Bali, Indonesia, where she hopes to move some day. JoEllen loves writing, eating delicious Cajun and Creole food, and exploring the city of New Orleans.