This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

So…it’s finally that time of year again. And no, I am not talking about finals. It’s music festival season! If you’re one of the lucky ones who got the chance to go to Coachella…yes, we’re all jealous. Thankfully for the rest of us we have our own mini Coachella right here in New Orleans: Jazz Fest. Although this music festival does unfortunately fall right smack in the middle of the most hectic time of the semester, if you can pull yourself away from the library for a weekend, Jazz Fest is the perfect study break. Good weather, good music, good food, and good friends. Jazz Fest provides a much-needed outlet during this stressful time of year that really just can’t be passed up! Here are some of the “A-listers” hitting the stages of Jazz Fest this 2014:

1.     Phish

2.     Robin Thicke

3.     Christina Aguilera

4.     Eric Clapton

5.     Vampire Weekend

6.     Galactic

7.     Trombone Shorty

8.     Santana

If none of these performers are your cup of tea, not to worry. There are dozens of other performers, both local and national, who are playing. Jazz Fest is all about going with the flow, discovering, and listening to the local Jazz that the city has to offer. And like I said before… good food. My personal favorite part of Jazz Fest is walking around the food tents and sampling all of the delicious foods that come from all over New Orleans. Some are from our favorite restaurants, and some are just authentic New Orleans dishes that are a must-have. So, try your hardest to put down the books and spend one day like a true New Orleanian celebrating this special time of the year!

Her Campus Tulane