This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Like the majority of my peers here at Tulane, I simply could not function without caffeine. To avoid afternoon drowsiness and the dreaded caffeine headache, I have to keep up with the habit. This being said, coffee options on campus are slightly limited. Sure, I could wait in line at PJs for half an hour or trek all the way to the Starbucks at Loyola, but last semester when my wavebucks entered single digits trying to keep up with my coffee consumption I figured there had to be a better way. There is. 

Many Tulane students have caught on to the free Panera coffee, but if you’re an avid coffee drinker who hasn’t heard about it yet I recommend you keep reading. Panera has a program in which you can sign up and get a free coffee every two hours. That’s right: you can satisfy your addiction free of charge. 

To sign up, start by downloading the Panera app. From there, go to the menu on the left hand side and click on the subscriptions button. Find MyPanera+ coffee and enter your information. Simple as that. Now, for three months, you can get a free coffee any time you want. Even better, you can order it through the app and pick it up in the LBC, avoiding the line altogether. 

While the options are not anything fancy, they get the job done. Your Wavebuck balance can take a sigh of relief and you can avoid spending more than ten minutes trying to get coffee in the morning.

man and woman drinking coffee in kitchen by window
Photo by Jack Sparrow from Pexels

Tulane University class of 2024
Her Campus Tulane