How to Experience NOLA in a Pandemic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

During this time, finding an activity to do may seem hard. However, there are many ways to experience New Orleans even with the coronavirus that still allows you to experience the incredible sights of the city. Here is a list of a few activities that allow you to remain socially distant and still explore the beautiful city of New Orleans. Also, always remember to mask up!

JAMNOLA – This is a limited time popup museum whose mission is to “offset the negativity that exists in the world by investing in New Orleans’ cultural community”. This museum is a 12 room exhibit that showcases New Orleans culture through music, food, and theatrics.

The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at NOMA– This garden takes up eleven acres in City Park. The garden is full of sculptures and pretty landscaping for viewers to admire.

Kayak Tours – There are many kayak swamp tours offered in New Orleans. These tours are great to learn about the history of New Orleans and its ecosystem. There are self-guided tours of the swamp and bayou or guided tours such as the Honey Island Kayak Swamp Tour and the Manchac Swamp Kayak Tour.

Tulane University
Her Campus Tulane