sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Celebrate Valentines Day NOLA Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

So, it’s that time of year again…Valentines Day. In just a few short weeks women all throughout the states will either be gushing incessantly over that special someone. Or, they will be weeping about all of their unrequited loves while shoveling chocolates into their mouths. Either way, men dread it, and Hallmark basks in all of its glory. Personally, I think Valentines Day should be an excuse to get out and do something new and exciting with anyone that you love! New Orleans is the perfect place to find that one of a kind Valentines Day activity, whether you’re celebrating with the girls or with that special someone! Since Valentines Day falls on Mardi Gras this year, find a day or a night to celebrate sometime before or after the carnival chaos. Here are my top picks to make this Valentines Day in New Orleans one to remember.

1)   Painting with a Twist

Whether you get a group together, or bring your significant other, Painting with a Twist is a perfect night outing. This class allows you to unleash your inner Picasso and single handedly paint a unique New Orleans-y masterpiece. And, not to mention it’s “bring your own wine!”

2)   The Bead Shop New Orleans

If you are trying to create a great girls-night-out, this may just be your perfect pick… you’re welcome ;) Here, you can sign up for group classes that allow you to make cute and trendy beaded jewelry from an array of different beads and jewels. This is an awesome excuse to rehash your inner childhood and get back on your “friendship bracelet” grind!

3)   Bacchanal

Though I love going here with my girls, this wine bar is definitely a place to go if you are looking to crank up the romance. Bacchanal, located in the Bywater, is a cute and antique-y little bar with unique trendy vibes. You go and pick your bottle of wine along with an assortment of cheeses and meats to custom make your ideal cheese board… Yum! Also, there’s always great live music.

4)   Oak Alley Plantation Tour

If you are willing to make the drive, this plantation tour is a one of a kind New Orleans experience that you need to go see. This historic site will transport you in time and have feeling like a true “southern bell!”

5)   Picnic at the Fly

This is also a great option for a group gathering or a one on one date. Pack up some food, drinks, and games and settle down along the river bank for a cozy Valentines Day!