Hillary Sullivan – Incoming President of Sigma Delta Tau

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

What year are you? Where are you from? What’s your major?
I’m a sophomore from Houston, Texas and I’m majoring in business and minoring in Jewish Studies.

What other campus activities are you involved in?
In addition to SDT, I’m involved with Social Action with Hillel.

What are SDT’s colors/icons?
SDT’s icons are a torch and a teddy bear and their colors are café au lait and old blue.

What is SDT’s philanthropy involvement?
Our national philanthropy is PCAA, which is Prevent Child Abuse in America, and we work with Jewish Women International and Women for Women.

What is your term as president going to be?
I started my term on Bid Day this year, so January 2011, to January 2012.

What prompted you to run for president?
I just wanted to be really involved in the house, and be a leader. I was my pledge class Philanthropy Chair, and just really wanted to get more involved and see the house grow.

Hillary is also the youngest president that the Tulane chapter of SDT has ever had, and SDT chapters nation wide tend to have younger presidents.

What are some of your tasks as president?
Communicating with the Greek community and heading up chapter, as well as [executive board] meetings.

How do you think you’ll be involved in SDT after you graduate?
Hillary would love to work with SDT as alumni by volunteering and consulting or advising a chapter, possibly in the Northeast, where most of the SDT chapters tend to be.

What is your favorite thing about being a SDT?
Just having all my best friends be in the house, and making new friends at every event that we have. Also having so many girls to rely on, and who support me in every aspect of college life.

What are some of the things that your sorority prides itself on?
We pride [ourselves] on being accepting of everyone, and having a really close sisterhood. And everyone knows each other’s names, where their from, and their majors. [We also pride ourselves] on just having good morals and values, community, and helping out New Orleans.

Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.