ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Have Yourself a Merry NOLA Christmas This Gift-Giving Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Happy Holidays! I know that we have not even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, but I already have my Christmas lights strung, my hot cocoa warmed, and my TV turned on to the Hallmark channel.

One thing I love about living in New Orleans is the amount of NOLA specific gear you can rep throughout the year. Though my family lives across the country, they always enjoy getting some Saints swag or Fleurty Girl merch when I come back for Winter Break.

Here are five places for your go-to NOLA-specific gifts this 2019 holiday season.

Fleurty Girl

Fleurty Girl has some of the best accessories and gifts. They have locations all over New Orleans, including one in the new airport! Check out their store for home decor, t-shirts, and Saints Gear.

Octavia Books

Octavia Books curates some of the best books relating to New Orleans culture and history. Many of these books authored by local writers are often autographed, adding a nice personal touch on an already fantastic gift. 

Dirty Coast

I love adding enamel pins onto my jackets and backpack, and Dirty Coast has plenty of options for new buys. Whether you are buying for someone else or just picking up a new enamel pin for yourself, Dirty Coast is the place to go.

Forever New Orleans

Never underestimate the power of a good baseball cap. Forever New Orleans certainly has not. The store offers plenty of options to put that New Orleans final touch on a sporty, athletic look. 

Home Malone

For housewarming gifts, I cannot think of anywhere else to go except Home Malone. These oyster cups, plates, and other dining materials are a great way to bring New Orleans into your home. For mom or dad, these gift sets are a great way to keep New Orleans in your heart while you are away from the Crescent City.

Time to do some online shopping or head off campus for a quick study break. Good luck with finals and have yourself a merry NOLA Christmas!

Hannah Ellis

Tulane '22

Tulane Senior majoring in Latin American Studies and Finance.
Her Campus Tulane