Grab it or Leave it: Collegiette’s Guide to Nutrition Bars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

COLLEGIETTE’S GUIDE TO NUTRITION BARS

I get it… Sometimes it’s easier to just grab a bar and go. But the problem with grabbing a bar to go, is that most students are either grabbing the wrong bar at the wrong time, or just the wrong bar over all. Have no fear; here are some suggestions for students who aren’t ready to give up their nutrition bars just yet. Take a look below at which bar swap you prefer to fit into your busy schedule!

#1. The Late Sleeper

GRAB IT? TRIO BAR

LEAVE IT? KELLOGS NUTRIGRAIN BARS

#2. The Mid-Day Muncher

GRAB IT? KIND BAR

LEAVE IT? CLIFF BAR

#3. Late night chocolate fix

GRAB IT? PURE ORGANIC CHOCOLATE BROWNIE

LEAVE IT? ZONE PERFECT DOUBLE DARK CHOCOLATE

Why grab it? These bars will give you substantial energy without the sugar crash. Full of fiber and NATURAL ingredients these bars will satisfy any sweet tooth or sugary craving.

Why leave it? These bars are full of empty calories, artificial flavoring, and they just won’t hold you over for very long. Confused as to why cliff bars are on this list? For a mid day snack you want to steer clear of this bar. It’s more of a meal replacement, and unless you’re planning on hiking up a mountain afterwards, the heavy carbohydrate component is most likely to slow you down rather than push you forward.

Always remember that a healthy lifestyle should cater to your individual needs and schedule… do what works for you!

Her Campus Tulane