This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

If you wanna visit these two adorable giraffes head over to the Audubon Zoo. It’s across Audubon Park campus and the perfect place to see your favorite animal! There are otters, turtles, elephants, alligators, and more alligators–it’s a pretty appropriate zoo for Louisiana. There are even white alligators! This past weekend the zoo hosted Swap Fest, featuring local artists, food vendors, and of course some New Orleans jazz. Don’t be upset if you missed Swamp Fest, you can still have fun exploring the different animal exhibits. They even let you feed the giraffes!

Rebecca Shinners is a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and Photo Intern/Freelancer at O, The Oprah Magazine. She graduated from Boston University in 2014 with a BS in Journalism and concentration in Photojournalism. She got her start in magazines writing for Her Campus and was previously an Editor for both Her Campus BU and Her Campus Tulane. Her work has also appeared in Seventeen Magazine, Teen Vogue, Bustle.com, Hamptons Magazine, and Newsday. When Rebecca isn't busy writing and taking pictures, she can be found shopping, petting puppies, wearing the color mint, and going to concerts.More: http://rebeccashinners.weebly.com/
Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.