Five People You See at the Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

1. The First Floor Socializer 

They’ll make a stop at PJ’s for a coffee, catch up with their friends at the Tech Services desk, and start up a conversation with anyone they see either passing through or actually trying to do work. 

2. The Study Group Leader

Ordering Jimmy Johns for lunch and Domino’s for dinner, this person and their group are here to stay. If they’re studying for an exam, someone might cry. If they’re preparing for a presentation, an argument will go down. 

3. The Quiet Section Academic 

Slippers, sweatpants, stress bun. This person has their noise-cancelling headphones on in the ultra silent part of the library. They have serious work to do and can’t have you chuckling at a BuzzFeed article and messing up their flow. Don’t talk to this person. Don’t disrupt this person. They are in the zone.

4.  The Person Who Doesn’t Know They’re in a Library

Someone who decides to call their mom and talk about their roommate problems at full volume. Tipsy folk stumbling through just to use the bathrooms before drinks at the Palms. Dudes with no concept of inside voices discussing their fantasy football or March Madness brackets. 

5. The Basement Napper

This person is zonked out in those amazingly comfortable yet questionably clean love seats in the bottom of the basement. This person must be able to sleep through the sounds of someone Skyping, the smell of microwaved lunches and the murmur of a tutoring session.