Five Healthy Cookie Recipes to Make This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

While some may consider snow and hot chocolate to be holiday staples, I consider cookies a necessity at this time of uear. To treat yourself in a healthy way and avoid studying for finals, try one of these recipes!

1. Soft Gingerbread Cookies

These cookies are made with whole wheat flour and use applesauce instead of butter or oil. The batter will be runny at first, so be sure to stick in the fridge overnight before cutting the dough into shapes. 

2. Snowball Cookies

Made with only four ingredients, this easy cookie recipe is a great treat for holiday parties. Instead of real butter, Earth Balance or a non-hydrogenated butter sread is used.

3. Vegan Almond Butter Snickerdoodles

For a whole grain treat, these cookies are made with spelt flour and have added flaxseed. Not only are they vegan, but they’re also dairy, soy, egg, and yeast free.

4. Sugarless Low Calorie Sugar Cookies

This recipe uses Stevia for a natural, calorie-free sweetener. For fluffy cookies, be sure to use a mixer when combining the ingredients. 

5. Paleo Hot Cocoa Cookies

These cookies are the perfect solution to cure your chocolate craving. Almong butter, eggs, and cocoa powder are some of the simple ingredients that make up this treat. 

Asia Bradlee is a senior studying Public Health and English at Tulane University. She grew up in Boston, MA and has a passion for health and wellness writing. Asia has experience at Boston Magazine as the digital health intern and maintains her own wellness blog, Healthy, Hungry, Happy.