This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

FINAALLLLLLYYYYYYY. It’s that time of year again ladies and gentlemen. It’s time for MARDI GRAS! While mentally preparing for this sacred time of year one must also prepare outfits for this six-day marathon of parades and partying. We all know the typical Mardi Gras uniform, it largely consists of a tutu, a pair of neon leggings, and a graphic tee of some sort. While there is nothing wrong with this garb, it is always fun to mix it up and try out some new ensembles. A key rule of thumb to keep in mind when putting together outfits for this time of year is that the MORE outrageous the BETTER; the shinier, brighter, and crazier, the better. Take Mardi as an opportunity to dress in a way that fulfills your wildest fashionista fantasies! Here are four outfits to inspire your ensembles for this year’s Mardi PARDI:

1. A bold print two piece set: it’s stylish, easy, and always flattering:

2. An animal onesie: a lot of boys tend to dawn this attire during Mardi for a reason, it’s warm, hilarious, and easy. Take a page from their playbook and rock one on one of the chillier days:

3. A cropped sweat suit: just like the bold print two piece set this outfit is stylish, easy, flattering, and, in addition, will keep cozy and warm:

4. Any type of palazzo pant: palazzo pants are typical attire for a yoga class but their flattering cut and wide selection of crazy patterns make them a perfect option for Mardi Gras attire:

Her Campus Tulane