A Definitive Ranking of Mardi Gras Throws

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Mardi Gras has come an almost gone (RIP). In its wake, the holiday has left you with copious amounts of beads, some unforgettable (or forgettable?) stories and if you were lucky enough maybe you caught some prized throws.

Throws are different than beads because they are cooler and usually more substantial than beads. They often have to do with the theme of the parades. For example, Muses —an all women’s parade that rolls the Thursday night before Mardi Gras— always prized throws are ~~glitterized~~ shoes.

Listed below are a definitive ranking of all Mardi Gras throws. Hopefully you caught one of these!!

5. Nyx Purse

Another all female krewe, this parade that rolls the Wednesday before Mardi Gras is known for throwing sequined purses.

4. Iris Sunglasses

Iris rolls on Saturday and if you’re lucky enough you can catch a pair of their famous decorated sunglasses.

3. Tuck’s Plunger

Tuck’s theme always has to do with toilets. That said, it is only fitting that their most sought after throw is a bedazzled plunger.

Picture from: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE2MVgxNDQ4/z/PiUAAOSwZjJU7L~w/$_1.JPG

2. Zulu Coconut

Zulu rolls on Mardi Gras day and is known for throwing painted coconuts. These are extremely sought after gems.

1. Muses Shoe

As stated, Muses rolls on Thursdays and they’re known for throwing glittery shoes.

Her Campus Tulane