The Current Trend: CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund is Coming to a Television Near You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

The Council of Fashion Designers of America is a not-for-profit trade association that includes this country’s foremost designers.  The current president of the CFDA is Diane von Furstenberg, who helps the Council ensure that American design remains a major cultural branch in the global fashion industry.  Following the 9/11 attacks on Lower Manhattan, Anna Wintour paired Vogue with the CFDA to create the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund.  Wintour realized that the peril of downtown New York included the space of many of the city’s up-and-coming fashion designers.

This CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund is currently celebrating 10 years, as highlighted in the November issue of Vogue.  This collaboration has brought to stardom many designers, including Proenza Schouler, Rag & Bone, and Alexander Wang.  The popularity that comes with winning—along with the mentors and money to build as a brand—is undeniable and unparalleled in the world of fashion.

This year’s ten finalists were put to the test in the Condé Nast building.  As a Vogue fashion intern, I was there to help out with the entire fashion presentation.  It was just announced that the footage from the event has been turned into a 6-episode television show, “The Fashion Fund”.  The show will premiere on November 12 at 10 PM on the Ovation arts channel.  Be sure to tune in and look out for me in the background!

Her Campus Tulane