CNN Specials That Changed My Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

If you’re a Netflix addict like i am, and feel like you need to watch something educational (but not boring) every once in a while, then I have the perfect thing for you. Every summer CNN takes people back in time with a set of specials dedicated to each decade. Beginning with the sixties and so far going up to the nineties, this show goes in depth in explaining all the media trends, political trends, and current events happening during each time. This series takes viewers from the hippie movement and Woodstock to Studio 54 all the way to Gangsta Rap and the creation of Seinfeld and Friends. Each decade is one season and each one has eight episodes. Each episode is related to a current event that occurred at that time, in other words each president that was elected, each war that occurred and even each tragedy that shaped America into what it is today. Countless people wait all year for these specials to come out because they not only give younger viewers insight into the pop culture they know today, but also gives older viewers a 43 minute period of nostalgia to their development. Each series is perfectly executed in an informative yet, interesting way through its multiple interviews with the most famous people during that era and real life footage as well. So, if you want to feel a little better and smarter about your binge watching habits, I highly highly highly recommend this series. 

Her Campus Tulane