This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The holiday season is the best time to spruce up your dorm with funky lights, cheery signs, and dazzling décor to motivate you through finals season. Your dorm decorations can keep you in the holiday spirit until you get back to snuggle with your dog over winter break. Check out our five suggestions to prep your dorm for the holiday season.

• Garland
    • Feel like you’re in the middle of winter wonderland by wrapping garland around your bunk bed. Garland will make your boring bunk look Christmas ready.
  • Stranger Things-esque lights
    • Binge watch Stranger Things while hanging up some Christmas string lights. Maybe even make your own creepy messages and scare your roommate?
  • Gel clings
    • I had some Halloween gel clings that I placed on my around my dorm, and they were a huge hit. Find some cute snowmen to spice up that drab door.
  • Stockings
    • The cutest gift for your roommate might just be a chic stocking. Though there’s no fireplace, just stick a command hook on the wall and you should be good to go.
  • Christmas tree
    • Channel your inner Charlie Brown by buying a cute little tree to place on your desk to look at during your study break. Buy some NOLA ornaments and get ready for the holidays!

With the hustle and bustle of finals season, decorating your dorm may be the perfect way to relax. Enjoy the winter season and have a Happy Holiday!

Hannah Ellis

Tulane '22

Tulane Senior majoring in Latin American Studies and Finance.
Her Campus Tulane